We have a page on Wonderful.org where donations can be made to the Scout Group. We receive Gift Aid on all eligible donations made via the wonderful.org website, so your donations will be worth an additional 20%.
A New Hut
We have been awarded £150,000 by the Garfield Weston Foundation to build a new Scout hut! 2nd Whalley Range Scouts were amongst the 150 organisations to be awarded funding out of the 2,300 who applied and the grant will enable us to achieve our ambition to provide a modern Scouting resource for young people in the area, as well as providing facilities for the wider community.
We have also received additional grants from generous funders including:
- Viridor Credits Environmental Company
- Veolia Environmental Trust
- BAM Construction
- Leslie See Charitable Trust
- Manchester Guardian Society Charitable Trust
- Duchy of Lancaster Benevolent Fund
- Manchester Airport
Our total funding so far is nearly £240,000 out of a target of £270,000
We have been working with ARCHITECTURE: UNKNOWN to design the new Scout Hut. We have worked with our Beavers, Cubs, Scouts and Explorers, as well as Leaders and members of the Executive Committee to design a hut that will serve us and our wider community into the future.
Following consultation with our neighbours, we were granted planning permission by Manchester City Council in June 2018, and we were awarded the grant by the Garfield Weston Foundation in October 2018.
Facilities in our new hut will include:
- Wheelchair accessibility throughout
- A large meeting room, with integrated storage cupboards with large doors at the end leading onto an external meeting space and firepit
- A large storage room for tables and chairs
- A kitchen / servery with modern appliances, storage and work surfaces
- A separate meeting room
- New toilets
- A separate secure storage unit for camping and other equipment
We are actively fundraising for the funds to complete our vision, which includes work on landscaping, as well as facilities and equipment within the hut itself. If you can help us with funding, goods or services, or by providing assistance with the construction of the hut and linked works, then please contact us. We welcome contact from other community-based organisations that may wish to use our new facilities.
If you want to know more about our fundraising activities, or you would like to know how you can help, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.